Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Abusive language usage by ICICI tele-caller!!! :-(

I received a call (from 044-4358 7551 on 16/7/2008 at 12:48pm) asking if I would like to have ICICI-Platinum credit-card to which I replied saying that I would not be interested in that. To this, the caller started shouting at me using abusive and foul language.

The point to be noted here is that the call was not actually directed to me and it was directed to one Mr.Roberts, who might have used my number before I started using it. Though I answered the caller saying that its a wrong number, he didnot take heed of that and started using nasty abusive language.

Though I lodged a complaint through ICICI customer care service, I felt like lodging the complaint by personally meeting the concerned person. I immediately contacted the Chennai-Santhome branch and the Chennai-MountRoad branch (going to both the branches in-person) to lodge a personal complaint only to get some vague responses and its-not-me kind of reply from many of the employees.
And now, I just met the Branch Manager of Chennai-Santhome branch (Mr.Stanley) and have given him a compalint in writing.

Just hoping that some positive step be taken against that fellow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Customer,

The call has been made by one of our Direct Sales Agents of ICICI Bank Credit Cards. On verification, the phone has been used by one of the tele-calling executives. The executive has spoken in local language but has not used any abusive words.

We wish to inform you that appropriate feedback has been given to the team concerned. We assure you that such lapses will not recur.

We regret for the inconvienience caused.

Sincerly,
Rakesh Sah
Office of Head Service Quality
ICICI Bank

6:34 PM  
Blogger Vijay said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Vijay said...

@Rakesh:

I would wish to tell you that Iam a Tamilian and I know the words the person used on me.

I don't know how you are able to justify that it was not an abusive word as it was me who knows exactly what the word meant.

Just to maintain some decorum in my blogsite, I have not published such obscene words here.

I welcome you to call me @ 9884006190 if you really care, but until then I'm spreading this news to all my friends and relatives and asking them to avoid ICICI in all aspects in the future.

And guess what!!!! My G-Talk status message reads - 'To Hell with ICICI' and then points to this link so that whoever sees me online would visit this blogsite and knows what the situation is. Many of my friends after seeing this post have asked me abt this and a friend of mine has made a post about this on her blog-site too!!

By the way, what steps did your bank take for the complaint that I had lodged? Neither did I got a call regarding the incident nor did I receive any mail. The least I expect is an apology from your side in a proper forum (not in my blogsite). I never got any call back from your so-called 'CUSTOMER-CARE'.

When I met Mr.Stanley, I expected atleast a verbal applogy, but nothing of that sort happened that too from a branch manager.

For your kindest information here is the complaint reference number: 73086591.

Anyways, I really thank you for replying atleast thru' my blog-site.


Thanks!!!!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home